1.06.2011

11 for 11


I know, I know, I know... everyone is bored to death with everyone's New Year Resolutions lists, goals and bucket lists (or the lack of those) but I felt like I needed a few days to reflect on the last year and set the goals, resolutions for the new year. I admit I looked back on my list from last year and I didn't even manage to reach half of my goals but hey... c'est la vie. :) Better try and fail than never have tried!

1. Become a real life Photographer - My single most important goal for 2011. I have quit my job and as the 1st of March my only real responsibility will be to learn, shoot and live my dream. I feel blessed and incredibly fortunate for being able to have this time to give it a shot and I'm hoping that by the second half of the year I'll be able to have a weeny tiny company on my own, earning money for something I love and passionate about. I'm going for it!

2. Get back in shape - If you've been reading my blog for some time now you might recall several detox, health, fitness attempts and I'm not saying I have not been successful, but truth to be told, in the last couple of months I've really fallen off the health bandwagon, which I can see and feel more than I'd want to admit. I have been really stressed with work, school, photoshoots, moving to another country... etc and my health and fitness have been pushed to the back of my priority list. I have a number in my head which I want to reach, and I have been really really close to it a few months ago and I'm ashamed that I did not make it in the end. I'm kind of angry and fed up with myself. No more excuses, no more chocolates, no more late night pastas. Who knows where my gym card is???

3. Become a better blogger - Blogging and connecting with people all around the world brings me more joy than I'd have ever imagined, however I did not have enough time or resources to develop my blog and keep in touch with all of you as much as I wanted. With eliminating my boring office job from my life, I'll be much more available and hopefully more interesting for all of you! ;) I want to develop more original content, at least 2 outfit posts a week and hoping to answer more comments and emails than I did until now!

 {Tshirt via Blog*Couture}

4. Bring out the kitchen Goddess - I'm no housewife extraordinaire and I'll never be, however I do want to cook healthy meals and I do want to experiment more with baking delicious treats for friends and family.

5. Be more patient - do I need to explain? :)

6. Become fluent in German - after living in Germany for more than 3 years I could easily go grocery shopping or complain to customer service about my internet connection, however I don't feel like I'm able to make deep conversations with people not to mention that my writing is terrible... as I'm moving back in February I'll put learning German on top of my to do list as well! :)

7. Create a real home - AC and I have been living in temporary flats for the last 2 years. In fact we have never had a real home, a love-nest or any sort of space of our own to be proud of. As we've been constantly moving around, it was not possible, but now that we're hopefully settling down in Berlin again, I'll be sure to put more time and effort into having a real, cozy home that we can call our own.

8. Only buy things I love - It's especially around this time of the year, when sales kick in that I can get easily distracted and buy things I don't need, I don't love and will probably never wear. This is something that needs to get changed... less is more. (I'm also planning to start the 30 for 30 challenge real soon! :)

9. Have at least one date night a week -  This is something that we were trying but have soon forgotten last year. Keeping the sparkle alive is crucial and I'm planning to bring regular date nights back!

10. Read more books - I have about... 10... maybe 15 books on my shelves that are waiting to be read. Less movies, TV series and more books for 2011!

11. Appreciate the little things - I am very fortunate to have a healthy family, a boyfriend that loves me, friends that stay friends even if they're a million miles away and a newly found passion and excitement for my life and my future. I need to take a moment to remind myself how lucky I am and I need to be able to appreciate the little things more openly and let go of the bad things quicker.

Voila. This is my goal/resolution list for 2011. I have big hopes and big dreams and I hope to get rid of everything that has been holding me back while enjoying and living my life to the fullest! For the very last time.... HAPPY NEW YEAR... make it a great one! :)

Follow Gypsy*Diaries
{List layout via Design*Sponge}

67 comments:

Leya said...

great list....
=)

Nicole Lisa said...

Those are all great goals, and I hear you with the temporary apartment. I probably will have to move again within these next few months and even then it is only temporary.
Sigh, find me a home please!
Also next time you want to detox, let me know I will join haha.
<3 Nicole Lisa
http://www.blushcode.com/

Lola said...

I need to come up with some resolutions but I keep putting it off, love your blog btw!!

wwww.dressupwithlola.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Perfect list dear :)*

Fashion in the Alps said...

wonderful list!!

http://s-snowhite.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Your blog is really fantastic!!!
^___^

www.thescribblerist.blogspot.com

the boot said...

gabby, after reading your list i can't believe how much we have in common! i too want to dedicate myself to photography/the blog/reading more/improving my italian, etc. can't wait to read your diaries in 2011!
xoxo
marissa

Lauren at KeepItSweet said...

;I can't wait to see more pictures as you focus on photography this year! Great goal list.

Le Chat Noir said...

Great resolutions!!
I maybe should also make a list :D
Love your blog!

http://writingfashionbird.blogspot.com

Casey said...

I think your list is lovely! :) Learn German, eh? I started but then eventually backed off. Living in South Florida Spanish is like required!

I am joining you in your fitness resolution! I went to the gym yesterday and did around 50 mins of cardio!

xo,
Casey
www.blondebargainbabe.com

Unknown said...

That's a great list of goals for the year. I can't wait to see where your new found freedom takes you! ;)

www.bishella.blogspot.com

Bridget said...

these are awesome ones - especially number 1 (that's one of mine too... sort of).

and books! yes! and kitchen goddess! yes!

Gertrude said...

Thanks for your honest comment!

Good luck for photography!! x

Anonymous said...

I love the first item on your list--and the one most important to you! Good luck with your photography. I see you were/are in Berlin. That's a great city for inspiring the photographic art. And as a black-and-white photographer myself, I believe there's no comparison--it's definitely an art worthy of learning.

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier! xo

The Purse-a-holic said...

I am with you on 5, 8 and 11! lol

http://jannsboutique.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

awesome list!

#1 was one of mine last year :) the secret is to have your own website of photos! even start a blog for just your photography. when you take pictures for people, they tell other people and they always ask to see your work.

http://anerdslist.blogspot.com/2011/01/bucket-list.html

Michelle said...

This is a perfect list - I might just copy the whole thing! Except becoming fluent in German...I should probably work on taking the slang out of my English first. :-)

Happy New Year!!
Michelle

http://twentynineblog.blogspot.com

Anna said...

Number 11 should be in everyone's "to do" list. It's definitely on mine.
I really enjoyed your post and I wish you a Happy New Year.
May all your wishes/dreams come true.
xxx

Bronwyn said...

Good luck! It's a great list, and I'm confident that you'll be able to pull it off.

windeater.blogspot.com

Clare B said...

very worthy goals Gabby - good luck, especially with the German :)

Ashley said...

love these! you'll do GREAT!

Laura said...

This is one of the best lists I've seen! I am totally with you on 10. I used to be a voracious reader and now I can't even remember the last book I read (outside of school). And I am thinking about the 30 for 30 challenge as well!

elizabeth said...

Great list Gabby! So many of those things are on my list as well. Good luck with it all! :) xo

Ra said...

those are great resolutions! i can't wait to see what you have in store for 2011!


www.theairconditionedgypsy.com

Unknown said...

I love your resolutions, they all seem very sincere! I'm sure you can do it!

www.oldsoulyoungspirits.com

Taylor Sterling said...

Great list! I feel the same on some of those! I always want to read more books and really need to carve out more time!

Aveline said...

I would say, that those are some pretty great resolutions :)

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

You are awesome. Yay for following your dreams! And I love #9 - at my bridal shower so many guests were telling me that the best advice is to continue dating your husband.


Kristine. Or Polly.

ShopGirlXOXO said...

Loving your blog....after I leave this comment Im going to hit the follow button. Best of luck with your photography. :))

www.ssddinmyworld.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Yep, you were right about it, our lists are similar, let's hope we both acomplish all our desires, guess everything stats with determination ;) good luck!

http://blog.cessoviedo.com

Kileen said...

great resolutions!! i found a lot of my own resolutions in yours too. best of luck!

cuteandlittle.com

Nil said...

I also made a list to myself on the first page of my 2011 agenda. Have a few common wishes with you. Hope we both can achieve them!

julie "etsy stalkers' said...

I totally want to do the 30 for 30 challenge too. Maybe it will stop me from buying so much - or maybe not ;)

Linley said...

thanks for your sweet comment!! (: love your list, too! good luck in the year ahead!

Unknown said...

I love this list! Such a great list! btw: you can always come on over to Glamour Glory and get some tidbits of advice & motivation! lol:) I'm sure you will come thru w/all of these resolutions. oh-and how did you put your resolutions on that notepad? SUPER CUTE!

-Reyna
www.glamglory.blogspot.com

Gabby / Gypsy*Diaries said...

@Reyna I used Picnik to put on the resolutions! :)

Ashley Hasty said...

Hello!
My name is Ashley, I'm the girl behind the blog A Hasty Life. I just started the well-known 30 for 30 fashion challenge. I chose 30 articles of clothing to wear for 30 days (including shoes!) I would love for you to bop on over to my blog and check it out!

<3 Ashley
www.ahastylife.com

Simply Colette said...

Great list! & I love the way you presented it :)

xo,
nicolette

Emily said...

It's like you read my mind and made a list for me since I didn't do it myself. The only thing I'd have to switch is I want to learn Spanish a bit more than I want to learn German. (though I did enjoy German class in hs and college). Looks like you're already well on your way with goal number 1. :)

Ashley said...

Great list! My husband would be thrilled if I learned German, but I'm more interested in improving my Spanish. Good luck!


Meow & Mwah

Alicia Lund said...

Love these goals! I wasn't going to make a list of resolutions this year but everyone's inspiring me to do so... off to jot a few down! ;)

Gracey the Giant said...

This is a great list. I have to say numbers 3, 5 and 8 resonate the most with me. I'm a new blogger, but I do worry about being good and then getting better about it.

I so feel you on the patience!

And I'm horrible about buying things not because I love them, but because "they'll do in a pinch" or I don't hate them. So, I'm definitely about only buying things I love too.

Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier - I'm certainly happy it led me to yours!

Gracey

Alexandra said...

I have like 20 something books in my bookshelves that I haven't read : people buy me too many books, but besides that,I hope you get evrything on your list done <3


alexandra @
shoependant.blogspot.com

jenn from midlife modern said...

That's a terrific list. I especially appreciate the ones about not buying things you don't need and making time to do things like read more books and have more date nights. Good luck with reaching all your goals!

em.me.ma said...

your list is perfect for me!

Shea Lennon said...

I love your 11 for 11 goals. I definitely can identify with several of them--only buying things I love, yes I need to do this!! I'm easily lured into the "but it's on sale" trap!!

Emilie said...

lovely blog and great style of writing, really enjoying reading your posts!
I love no.9, yeah we do go out all the time, but neither of us takes effort to make it special! brb, need to talk to hubby about this!

Emilie
http://tothenext50years.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

wow! serously, your resolutions are much alike like mine!

Carissa said...

especially, the German and photographer part <3

Carissa said...

especially, the German and photographer part <3

Fit With Flash said...

good luck with all of it! you can get #2 and #4 done at the same time! find healthy recipes and that will be half the battle! let me know if you have questions! happy 2011!

Unknown said...

I love all of your resolutions. In fact I may need to add onto mine. I didn't do any blog related resolutions.

Thank you for stopping by my blog today! I really do love the belt I was wearing... like a lot... way a lot.

black tag diaries said...

1) love your list.
2) love your blog.
3) where did you live in germany??
4) can't wait to hear about your journey with #1... would love to get to that place in my photography life one day.
5) love your blog. oh wait, did i already say that?
i'm your newest follower.

Izabela said...

I'm loving your blog!

Anonymous said...

Great goals for the new year!

liz said...

I second the cooking and reading goals! It's so easy to let those slide! Good luck!

derek said...

great resolutions and i wish you the best to achieve them!!!

Mikimoto Angel said...

I wish I can write as many resolutions as you have, but I find it so hard to follow them. :=(

Elle said...

first off, thank you for the sweet blog comment and ahh we have the same nickname/name. (I go by Gabby sometimes, sometimes Elle). I think these are great resolutions and I wish you the best of luck with them!

Kristen said...

this list is great. mine is unfortunately a repeat of last years goals...haha.

xx

Kristen
http://mikieandkristen.blogspot.com

Chloe said...

Amen for date night! :) That was on my list toooo.

chloe ** http://flowerponychloe.blogspot.com

Prêt à Voyager said...

Bonne Année, Gabby!

I'll also be using this year to perfect language, but French for me. And beef up my blog (and get back into the swing of things, like reading blogs!).

Best wishes to you in 2011!

Anne

Catherine Fishback said...

Hey! Check out my cooking blog for some cooking inspiration!

http://mangoesandlemons.blogspot.com/

Also, here is my regular, everyday blog:

http://bradfordandcatherine.blogspot.com/

pve design said...

fantastic list,,,,
good luck with all 11.

Anonymous said...

great list! love your resolutions!!!! (little by little)
sofia
http://philosophie-my.blogspot.com

Jenni Austria Germany said...

ughhh the german one......i hear ya. i feel like i could say pretty much the same about me.

Ena said...

Hey, mir gefällt dein Blog seeeehr :) Danke für deinen Kommentar! Vielleicht solltest du anfangen deine posts auf deutsch zu übersetzen, das trainiert auch schon eine menge :)

liebe grüße!

Related Posts with Thumbnails