4.22.2011

Gypsy*Guide - Miami*Florida

Like I mentioned in last week's Gypsy*Guide post today we'll have the pleasure of being introduced to Miami by none other than Steffy from Steffy's Pros and Cons. Next to being a mastress thrifter and vintage style blogger Steffy is the proud owner of a small online vintage boutique Teas & Tulips. I'm thrilled to see the real Miami through her eyes! ;)


I am so excited to share with all of Gabby's lovely readers my current home, Miami Florida. Miami gets a completely different impression from the way it is displayed on TV and in movies, and there is actually so much more culture to Miami than just South Beach. I never go to South Beach, because it is expensive and very touristy, so today I will be sharing with you the places that non-tourists go to!


View Miami Best Spots! in a larger map

Dining:
Yuga: This lovely restaurant is within walking distance from my house. It is low-key and always serves the best sushi! The prices are really affordable to boot, and the rolls are not usually more than $11, which is cheap for Sushi. Me and my boyfriend are in here at least once a week when we get a Japanese food craving!

Cafe Demetrio: This is my local coffee spot. They also have amazing empanadas, salads and sandwiches. They serve their cappuccinos with a little foam heart on top, which always makes me smile! It is the best and only coffee shop on Alhambra Circle, which is the working downtown district of Coral Gables.



Nightlife:
My favorite bar in all of Miami is located downtown, and it is called the DRB or the Democratic Republic of Beer. The beer menu is literally a book, and it lists hundreds (yes hundreds) of beers from all over the world! The last time I went, I tried a porter all the way from the United Kingdom! This place has something for everybody.

Exciting Things You Must Do!
Shark Valley: This place offers a 15 mile bike ride in the middle of the Florida Everglades, completely off the beaten track. It has alligators relaxing in the sun all around you to boot! For some lovely scenery and some peaceful alone time with a friend or a loved one, I would definitely recommend shark valley!



U-Pick Kendall: I personally love fresh fruit, but always find it so expensive in the grocery store. This place offers fruit that was picked that same day, or you have the option of picking your own strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, cilantro and basil! I try to get here as much as I can to enjoy some delicious fruits and veggies, and my boyfriend and I always make a home cooked tomato sauce afterwards!



Vintage:
Miami-Twice: This is a REAL thrift store. It offers many different beautiful vintage treasures from many different generations. It can be a little bit pricey, because it is authentic, but if you find something you fall in love with it is completely worth it!


Douglas Gardens Thrift Store: Okay, do not go here alone. It is not in a spectacular neighborhood, so don't say I didn't warn you. But when you step inside it is a FACTORY filled with racks and racks of amazing vintage! It is worth the drive into some unchartered Miami territories!

Thank you so much for listening to my top spots, and I hope that if you visit you decide to hit some places on the list!

<3 Steffy

Thanks for the great recommendations Steffy! I really hope one day I can make it to Florida and you can take me around for some vintage shopping and lemon beer on the beach! ;)

Follow Gypsy*Diaries

15 comments:

Kori said...

Great guest post! Gorgeous photos! Kori xoxo

Jenna Lee said...

ok... is that alligator real!! Why are you so close in such a cute dress. This seems very dangerous! But looks like fun! Cute pics


http://jennaleelac.blogspot.com/

gabrielle said...

i am saving this in my favorites. i am overdue for a trip to miami!

xxoo
http://www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

Karrisa_T said...

Lovely post! That alligator was the perfect accesory! Haha I've been to Orlando a lot but never made it down to Miami... I want to go there if only for the alligators and the vintage store!

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! I'm so glad I stumbled across it. It's very inspirational and has some great layouts!

http://chelseasgirl.wordpress.com/

http://theidea-generator.com

Anonymous said...

I've been to South Beach four times and never have left off of it! That thrift store is tempting. ;)

Emanuela said...

awesome, great post :)

xo Emma

happy easter!!!

Gawgus things... said...

Book me on the next plane :) Such a great idea for a post - thanks to both of you for sharing. Bon week-end xxx

Heidi said...

Great overview of Miami! Never been to Florida but it looks like a nice state with lots of fun things to do. The vintage store's sign is hilarious- I love it! hahaha

Thanks for sharing! :)

I Live For It said...

THat photo with the strawberries is incredible. Adore it.!!

I Live For It

Xx. Jewls and Liza

Anonymous said...

amazing post! I've always wanted to go to miami but haven't had the chance yet :)
xx

http://charlesbgoode.blogspot.com

Olya said...

Gabby, did you receive my e-mail about the giveaway I want to host with one of your blog couture totes?I would really like your opinion on this. Let me know what you think.
and Florida has so many cool places, it's such a beautiful state!
Olya

Hello Again Vintage said...

These places look so awesome. I'd love to visit Miami soon to check them out. Lovely guest post!


Grace

www.helloagainvintage.blogspot.com

Julie Iliana said...

I literally just learned A LOT from Steffy's suggestions! and I live in Miami too :) I've actually gone to the Douglas Thrift Store she mentioned and I agree, don't go alone! though it's not so bad in the mornings but still! can't wait to try out some of the things she listed! and they are definitely not "touristy" which is pretty neat.

awesome travel guide! :)

X

Meesh said...

Never been to Miami before, but this post makes me want to go. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails