11.26.2011

Canary Islands...

Yep, by now you probably all know that I´m spending the week in Lanzarote, which is one of the Canary Islands just off the coast of Morocco. We are staying in Club La Santa, which is a humungus sport complex on the nort of the island. This place is amazing, I´ve never been or even heard of any hotels like that... people actually come here to do sports! Not the "I´m on vacation and I might do some sports" kind of way, but the "I wanna spend a week working my ass off and I might enjoy a bit of vacation while I´m at it kinda way". There are a lot of professional athletes, and very dedicated amateurs but you can forget cute bikinis and pareos... everyone is in workout gear 24/7! Ok there might be some bikini time as well, but it´s really about fitness here and these people mean FITNESS! So much motivation and inspiration! I actually started to take windsurfing classes!!!! I M IN LOVE!!!!!!!! Never thought that I´d enjoy it so much, especially in icy waters and stormy winds but next to snowboarding I think I´ve found a new fave sport! ;) I also do some other classes like spinning, yoga... etc and try to be very healthy and eat all the good kind of foods! ;) Oopps... which reinds me I gotta get going to my next class! ;) More from the island coming soon! Kisses!



Follow Gypsy*Diaries

12 comments:

Lens & anything Else said...

great pictures! these place looks like heaven...

There are some pictures in my blog and I'll be very happy to know what you think about them since you're a great photographer ;)!

have a look at this post:
http://lensanythingelse.blogspot.com/2011/11/con-te-partiro.html

Marta said...

Lucky you! I wish I was there! Have you visited the jameos del agua?

Top Style Advice said...

Hi... I've been to Lanzarote this year and i loved it, it was so warm.

You can see my post here :) http://www.topstyleadvice.com/2011/09/some-holiday-sun.html

xoxo

Much to My Delight said...

What an interesting (and beautiful!) place! Not sure I'd sign up for a week of exercise but the concept is a good one! Have a wonderful trip (and keep showing us your pictures, please:).

Eda. said...

Such beautiful photographs, hope you're having a wonderful time.

www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.blogspot.com

Eda ♥

debbiecutieface said...

wow, lucky you! Beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous and that sounds like an amazing resort!

Corey @ Learning Patience said...

Enjoy - after your crazy flat search you deserve a break!

xoxo from Trinidad

superhappyjohi said...

Sounds like fun!!! I am running my first halfmarathon in two weeks - so I'd be happy to join you where you are right now ;)

leyla. said...

an interesting concept and a person might probably get more motivated once he/she sees that everyone around them is being active. definitely not a boring place!

Serea said...

Famara Beach for Surfing, and don´t forget, Wine TAsting, Malvasia wine is incredible!!!
xoxo

Liesl said...

How lovely! Sounds like you are having a blast and I love that you are enjoying it so much!

Liesl :)

hippiebohoreloaded. said...

have fun, my dear! surfing must be amazing, wishing I had have some lessons in BCN.

Related Posts with Thumbnails