Vienna is often compared to Budapest as they both used to be the crown jewels of the once majestic AustroHungarian empire. But Vienna is much more than history and pretty buildings. Today we have the pleasure of being introduced to the best of the city by one of my fave bloggie friends Vicky from Bikinis and Passports. Vicky was the first blogger I´ve ever met in real life and we´ve been blogger besties ever since! :) I love this girl, so make sure you stop by her blog and check out her favorite places should you ever visit Vienna! (and you definitely should! ;D)
I feel so honored that Gabby asked me to share some of my favorite places in Vienna with her amazing readers. Ever since I moved to Vienna for school 3 years ago I have really learned to love and appreciate the city. Not only do you get to see little bits and pieces of history at every corner you walk by, but Vienna also has so many amazing restaurants, bars and parks to offer. Here are some of my personal favorite picks:
1. Shanghai Tan – if you like asian cuisine, you will love this places. Anything from their wonton soup to the specialty rolls is a great choice and I have never had anything I didn't like. On the weekends you should probably make reservations. For an extra special time, ask for one of the booths downstairs :)
Rochus - in the 3rd district is great for brunch. They serve things like homemade hummus, special eggs with truffle and have amazing breakfast combos.
1. Palais Kinsky – currently my favorite club. They have multiple floors with different kinds of music. You can chill to some house tunes or sing along to Britney Spears :) Fridays are my favorite there but I heard Saturdays are pretty good as well, depending on the DJ.
2. The Ring – whenever I have people over that haven't been to Vienna before I like to show them the ring, which surrounds the first district. You can walk along it and see all the important historic buildings like the university, cityhall, Burgtheater, Hofburg, opera, …
1. Vintage Flo – a vintage shop where you'll find vintage chanel earrings, next to designer costumes and amazing hats. Definitely not cheap but wonderful for browsing!!
2. Türkenschanz Park – a wonderful place to spend a sunny afternoon or go for a picnic. There are little meadows, ponds and benches to catch some sun.
3. Cupcakes – it is the most adorable cupcake café and it just opened last September. I looove going there for a cupcake and latte with my girlfriends. You can also buy cute cakestands and cupcake-accessories there!
Thanks Vicky!!! I cannot wait to visit you someday soon! ;)
Have you ever been to Vienna?